In honor of this day, I thought we’d chat about little ways to show kindness to those in our lives.
- “Amazon Prime” a friend a good book you just read and think they’d enjoy too.
- Write someone a card and SNAIL MAIL it to them. (You never know how much they might need your love and encouragement right now.)
- Invite a friend to coffee or lunch and put it on your tab.
- Call your parents and tell them you love them.
- Pick 5 Instagram accounts you follow and leave them each a comment expressing encouragement or thanking them for the impact they’ve made on you.
- Write each of your kids a note telling them you love them. Leave it somewhere they’ll find it.
- Pay for the food order of a complete stranger.
- Tip as much as you can for the next waiter, driver, hairdresser, etc, you have. 50%? More?
- Write your spouse a dry erase marker love note on the bathroom mirror.
- Take one task off a friend or family member’s to do list by doing it for them.
- Send your grandparents a card along with recent pictures of your kids.
- Leave a positive review for a business you had a good experience with (and skip leaving a nasty review for a less-than-perfect experience).
- Tell a coworker, boss, or employee that you appreciate them–and leave a small treat on their desk!
- Offer to babysit a friend’s kids for an evening.
- Ask your kids what they want to do with you…and do THAT.
What are your favorite ways to show kindness in your home, workplace, and community?