So today, I thought it would be fun to share the start of my Worship and Praise Playlist with you! Annndddd…ask you for your favorites so I can keep building my own.
The joys of Amazon Echo/Alexa
First things first: I am addicted to the Amazon Echo. Actually, all four of us are. We have 3 of them in our house, and we live in a small ranch, so it’s sort of unnecessary to have 3. Plus, Brandon has one in his office at work. So…we demand a lot of Alexa around here. ☺ For a long time, we resisted paying for the unlimited music, but we got the deal on Amazon Prime Day and haven’t looked back since. It’s so nice that Alexa will just play what we ask her to!
We tend to listen to this particular playlist in the mornings (evenings tend to be our Country playlist. I have no idea why or how this came to be, LOL). Since we start our day spending time with the Lord, we want to continue that feeling into the part of our day where kids are waking up, the bed is being made, we’re getting everything together for work, etc. And the best way we know how to do that is through music! Not only do we enjoy our morning music, so do our kids. It’s not uncommon to hear Harlyn singing one of the songs listed below. Even Maverick is learning some of these praise songs!
And as a side note: not every day starts with this playlist. Most recently, we’ve opted for a more random assortment, including Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. And some days, there’s no music at all. Just depends on moods and what’s going on that day, and if we simply want something different!
So if you need some jams to add to your Christian music playlists….may I recommend:
- No Reason to Hide (Hillsong United)
- You Never Let Go (Matt Redman)
- O Come to the Altar (Elevation Worship)
- The Lion and The Lamb (Big Daddy Weave)
- King of My Heart (Bethel Music)
- Good Good Father (Chris Tomlin)
- No Longer Slaves Radio Version (Bethel Music)
- Sing, Sing, Sing (Chris Tomlin)
- Chain Breaker (Zach Williams)
- Ocean (Ten Shekel Shirt)
- 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) (Matt Redman)
- Set A Fire (Jesus Culture feat. Chris Quilala)
- Christ Is Risen (Matt Maher)
- In Tenderness (The Citizens)
- Good Morning (Mandisa) –this one is not technically a part of our playlist for some reason (I guess because we like to request it separately and if we do use this playlist when it’s not morning, it would be out of place. And it would apparently be too much work to ask Alexa to skip the song, haha!) But this song is a great way to start the day and used to be a part of our everyday morning routine. I actually wrote a post about it HERE.
My Favorite Pandora Stations
I also use Pandora a lot. Sometimes through Alexa and other times just right on my phone while I’m working. I actually have Pandora stations for many occasions and moods, but in the context of today’s post, I’ll keep this to my top three Christian stations.
- Needtobreathe Radio
I enjoy this station because it’s a mix of Christian music and regular, but there’s none of the inappropriate songs like you’ll find if you turn on your local hits station or whatever.
- Hillsong UNITED Radio
I mean, if you like Hillsong, then this is an obvious choice. I tend to love the Hillsong versions of worship songs, so this is another solid choice for me.
- Bethel Music Radio
Again, if you like the live type of praise music, this will give you what you want! I actually learned about this one from my sister because I know she uses Pandora a TON and I wanted some input from her several months ago when I got back into using Pandora.
Okay friends. Now you need to give me your favorite worship songs or Pandora stations for Christian music! I know there’s a ton of songs that I forgot about but I could totally lift my mood and my outlook by listening to them.